CODE OF CONDUCT
- While participating at each WASFF Event we attend We may partake in dangerous or risky activities, and if so, We VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL ASSOCIATED RISKS.
- We WILL ABIDE BY ANY RULES of the WASFF Event e.g. those published at https://2017.swancon.com.au/content/policies or http://wasff.sf.org.au/convention_rules and with the constitution and by-laws of WASFF, published at http://wasff.sf.org.au/constitution and which are all available on request.
- We hereby ABSOLVE THE WASFF CREW FROM ALL LIABILITY in relation to any injury We may receive, either directly or indirectly from attending the WASFF Event and We HEREBY INDEMNIFY the WASFF Crew from, and hold the WASFF Crew harmless against, all claims of any kind that may be brought by Us against any of the WASFF Crew, which directly or indirectly relates to, arises from, is pursuant to, or is in connection with Our attendance at the WASFF Event, including any act or omission of any kind by the WASFF Crew.
- We permit the release of Our membership information to organisations similar WASFF, but only in accordance with, and only for purposes provided in, the WASFF constitution and by-laws, including, but not limited to providing information for checking validity of voting eligibility for Ditmar awards.
- “WASFF” means the Western Australian Science Fiction Foundation Inc.; “WASFF Crew” means WASFF, its officers, its subcommittee members, its staff, its contractors and its volunteers; “WASFF Event” means any event held by or organised by WASFF and “We” means me and any Relevant Third Party and “Us” and “Our” have the corresponding meanings.
- Attendees must wear their Swancon 42 convention badge at all times when within the convention venue.
- If it is illegal outside the convention, it is illegal inside the convention.
- Behaviour at Swancon shall not be aggressive, offensive or harassing. Please see the Anti-Harrassment Policy for further information.
- When in the common space of the convention venue, you should dress appropriately for a public, child friendly, event.
- Children remain the responsibility of a responsible adult member of the convention. Children under the age of 12 must remain under the direct care of a responsible adult. Some program items may be marked “Adults Only”, these items are unsuitable for underage members.
- Weapons or replica weapons are not permitted unless authorised by the committee. These conditions will typically include peace binding where appropriate.
- Merchandise is only to be sold in designated dealers areas. The Swancon committee may make the decision that any merchandise is inappropriate for sale or display within the convention area. This may include, but is not limited to, copyright infringing and pornographic material.
- Photography is permitted in public assemblies (more than 6 people), unless directed otherwise by a committee member. Photographers must obtain the permission of individuals or small groups (6 or less people) to photograph them.
- Attendees must obey legitimate directions of venue staff, committee members and WASFF board members.
- Tickets are only refundable at organisers discretion.
Breaches of the rules may result in refusal of membership, revocation of membership, expulsion from the convention, or expulsion from WASFF.
An accessibility coordinator will ensure that venues are evaluated based on their accessibility and will be available throughout the convention to address related issues as they arise.
The Convention Committee sincerely hope that the measures the Convention Committee has put in place will make for a better con experience for all involved.
SWANCON ANTI-HARASSMENT POLICY
Swancon is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of convention participants in any form including (but not limited to) offensive verbal comments, physical assault, or unwelcome physical attentions.
Attendees and participants engaging in harassing behaviour will face sanctions and may be removed from the convention.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of Swancon Committee or a WASFF board member.
If you cannot find a committee or board member, anyone at the Swancon registration desk will be happy to assist.Policies